When homeowners frequently experience blockages in sinks, drains or bathtubs, the culprit probably isn’t within their indoor plumbing. In these situations, a video sewer inspection is the best way to determine the source of the problem.
Whether you have owned your home for many years or are considering buying a new home, there are many advantages to video camera inspections.
- Fix problem areas before they get out of hand. A trained plumbing technician can use a sewer camera inspection to diagnose trouble spots in the sewer line, such as clogs or leaks, and recommend the best solution to rectify the damage.
- Take the guesswork out of plumbing problems. Video camera sewer inspection allows the plumber to pinpoint the exact location and nature of the issue. This saves time as well as labor.
- Access hard-to-reach areas. Even in situations where pipes are buried beneath a home’s foundation or located deep inside walls or floors, video cameras are flexible enough to access them.
- Identify any type of plumbing problem. From leaks to breakages, a video inspection can find the exact issue and can even record images for future use.
- Get pipes repaired sooner, with less property damage. Video camera technology allows plumbers to track down the source of any clog with minimal intrusion — no matter how far or how deep the problem might be located.
A video pipe inspection will record both the depth and physical location of the pipe blockage or breakage, making it easy to see when a sewer line is in need of repairs or replacement.
How Does a Video Inspection Work?
When you order a video inspection, the plumber will create a small hole to access the sewer line, then use a monitor to maneuver a fiber-optic cable with a small, waterproof camera throughout the pipe. On its journey, the camera will record a real-time, high-definition video feed of the entire pipe that will highlight obstructions such as root intrusions, leaks, broken or collapsed pipe and various types of clogs.
Video cameras have become one of the most reliable tools for plumbers because they allow the technician to accurately detect the type, source, and location of the trouble area, saving homeowners from the inconvenience of plumbing problems in a much more affordable way.
Plumbing repairs can be one of the most dreaded difficulties of homeownership. Knowing there’s an issue with the pipes but having no clue where to begin can seem like an insurmountable challenge. But video camera sewer line inspection takes the headaches out of the plumbing process and gives homeowners their peace of mind back.
New England Pipe Restoration is a leader in sewer inspection and repair services in the greater Boston area. With a customer-first mentality and 15 years of plumbing experience, they invest in the latest technologies to save homeowners time and money. Their knowledgeable plumbers specialize in video sewer inspection throughout New England and offer free estimates to help diagnose and prepare for sewer line repairs and replacement.